Monday, August 17, 2009

Our Trip to O-H-I-O!!!

Well, we finally made it to Columbus, Ohio to visit Raquel, Chase, and Boxer---it only took us 2 years!! We had a blast and definitely didn't want to come home!!!

We went hiking in Hocking Hills State Park. It was amazing and a beautiful day!!

Even Boxer got to join the fun.




It's so cool that mother nature formed these caves.




The whimpy waterfall, but a pretty picture.



We also got to go to the Jack Nicklaus Museum.

Us by the Golden Bear.



There were numerous displays of all his trophies, golf clubs, and videos showing highlights of his career. My dad would have been in HEAVEN!!!


After the museum we went to Genji's Japanese Steakhouse. It was our first time going to a Tepanyaki style restaurant. We loved it!!


We ventured to Kirtland to see the temple and church historical sites. It was pretty neat!!!




Us in front of the Newel K. Whitney Store. We loved hearing about all the stories of events that occurred in the store. We also toured the Whitney house, the saw mill, and the ashery.

Cedar Point Amusement Park....need I say more!! We have NEVER been on any roller coasters like these!! WOW!!! What a rush!!! There is this roller coaster called the Dragster that shoots you 120 mph right off the bat and travels straight up 420 feet and then straight down. What a CRAZY ride!!!


The whole gang after our fun-filled day at the park! Raquel and Chase's friends, Shayne and Sherri, met us there. We had a blast!!


Us at the Anthony-Thomas Candy Store in front of the huge chocolate buckeye. It weighs only 235 lbs and costs $3500. The buckeyes are chocolate covered peanut butter similar to Reese's peanut butter cups, but so much better!!!! Boy, I could have spent a ton of money on all the yummy candy!! Also, we went to this AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS ice cream parlor appropriately named Handel's!!! They served buckeye ice cream that everybody LOVED!!!

Raquel mixing the Special-K treats!!! Mmmm!!!


Thanks again Raquel, Chase, and Boxer for letting us come for the week!! We loved it and can't wait to see you soon!!!

4 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Looks like such a fun trip!!! I love the pictures :)

**Cunningham's** said...

Oh man, how fun!! I hope quel didn't go on the roller coaster rides! I miss her, I bet you had fun!! She doesn't even have a belly yet.

Raquel said...

That was so fun! Come back! Thanks for all the good times!

Bryan, Jaime, and Boys said...

Special K treats?!!!! I totally forgot about those!!! Aaaahhh, the Bear Lake memories! I might have to steal that recipe!